fot

Re: Survey Still Ongoing

To: "FOT" <FOT@autox.team.net>, <EISANDIEGO@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Survey Still Ongoing
From: "Gary & Gretchen" <garygret@itis.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 16:45:57 -0600
Amici -
Sad to say 90% lurkers is probably about normal, my local club has 275
members and maybe 20-30 do-ers. But you've shamed me into a response FWIW.
Sounds like the idea's got some momentum.

>     1. Would you participate in nation roadrace (including post 72 setup
> cars)?
Yes if somewhat central and current Prod cars allowed. I'm just not sure the
tow vehicle would do 2500 miles across mountains despite the _outrageously_
tantalizing idea of a California Mille framing two weekends.

>     2. Would you particpate in national autox ?
Sure! The more track time the merrier!

>     3. Triumph only or British Marques only?
My vote's for all Brit marques, so wife-to-be-in-two-weeks-now Gretchen
could run her Mini. But I think it's also the only way we'd fill a field -
as was mentioned prior 100 racers is a good practical minimum and that must
be, what, maybe half of all the TR racers in the country? :-) The panoramic
photo from Mid-Ohio 1992 showed about 40 TRs for the 40th anniversary
gathering.

>     4. Volunteer time
Sure, especially if central. I've chaired Midwestern Council events at BFR
and RA and the Madison SCC AX series. A club track like
BFR/Grattan/Gingerman/Waterford Hills etc. is much more suitable than the
very expensive and unforgiving RA. Staffing corners and T&S is the difficult
part. VSCDA makes a generous contribution to MC for staffing some of their
events. IMHO we'd need to co- with a good  local organization to make an
event happen - there's too much to do, plan, coordinate and staff for a
virtual organization, not to mention some thousands of dollars payable up
front.

Regards and Happy Holidays,
Gary Schneider
'62 EP TR4, 37 white