fot

FW: Survey Still Ongoing

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Survey Still Ongoing
From: "James Gambony" <BritBits@tiu.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 20:54:24 -0600
Ted,

Good point.  The way the local vintage group works with that is that cars
are assessed points off for areas where they exceed the proper prep level in
the rules.  Mainly used for the season trophy, but something like this
system could be used for handicapping cars in the FOT event.

One thought about the objection to the 1972 cutoff.  I thought that the
event would be limited to Triumphs or be a Triumph-MG or Triumph-British
challenge.

With the exception of the appearance of the TR7/TR8 line, all Triumphs (and
MGs for that matter) lost performance and gained weight in the mid-late
'70s.  The Spitfire did get a 200cc engine size bump... good on the street
but not conducive to a high revving racer.

If the goal is to get enough numbers to make this a viable event, should we
exclude interested parties in later Spitfires or TR6s?  And totally exclude
the wedge crowd?

Just my .02

Cheers,

Jim