fot

Re: Survey Still Ongoing

To: FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Survey Still Ongoing
From: TRBILBO@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 00:47:33 EST
OK...here's my two bits too...

<< Amici -

 >     1. Would you participate in nation roadrace (including post 72 setup
 > cars)?
I would make every effort to participate....but definitely would prefer NO
post 72 cars. Indeed our club (VARA) only this past year created a clas
specifically for 67 to 72 cars of their own. Previously only 1967 and prior
was allowed....and we liked it that way. If I wanted to race with overhead
cam Datsuns I would be racing SCCA.

 >     2. Would you particpate in national autox ?
No. Ran SOLO II for 8 years. It it tough on a vintage car set up for road
race. I gave up SOLO II for Vintage and don't really miss it. (No offense to
those who love it.....just my preference has changed with age)

 >     3. Triumph only or British Marques only?
 My vote's for Triumph-MG challenge race and Jag/Lotus -Healey shoot out type
events .....and Moss Motors already sponsors a TR-MG challenge feature race
on the west coast at Buttonwillow ecah year. Last year this was almost a 50
car field .... all pre-67 with maybe 4 or 5 'exhibition class post 67 types.

 >     4. Volunteer time
We wouldn't need much of this at a west coast venue if sponsored by VARA,
SCCA or HSR or some combination. Most SoCal races are flagged semi
professionally by the  LB-MG club service organization (and they do a great
job).

Would love to get HSR/SCCA/VARA to do an all British weekend at Monterey ala
the "pre-Historics" (usually one or two weekends before the "Monterey
Historics", and get Moss to move their sponsorship for the MG-TR challenge
race just this once...... and if everyone is fiscally happy....every year
thereafter.

>From what I've heard in private email the E Ticket Triumph Team would likely
bring 10 or 11 TR's and the VARA SPitfire Squadron is about 14 or 15
strong.... I've no doubt we could bring 22-25 cars to an event of that
caliber....and that's not counting the independent TR's not on the "squadron"
or a part of E Ticket Triumphs.

Like I started to say....just my two bits.

Best of the Season the FOT'ers and Happiest of Holidays

Bill and Joanne Burroughs
#195 1965 TR4A IRS
E Ticket Triumphs