fot

Re: Walter Mitty - MG TR Challenge April 2005

To: henry@henryfrye.com, BillDentin@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Walter Mitty - MG TR Challenge April 2005
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 10:11:15 EDT
To the Great Unwashed:

I like Henry's term of "Festival Event". I also appreciate his opinions and I
have another spin on this. I'll try to make it brief.

BRIC is a 'Festival Event'.

At one time Group 2 was the most heavily subscribed group at BRIC. This is
'our' group.

I noticed the numbers were WAY down for BRIC's Group 2 in 2004, and it seems
that the 'gate is down, as well. Between the cost for entry at BRIC and the
family cost at the gate, many of us are voting with our feet. The vendors are
as
well.

I'd like to think that folks identify mostly with the 'production' based cars
that we drive and that we provide a draw. (I know that there are other
factors at play here)

I sense that the Walter Mitty has experienced some of the same maladies and
between HSR and GRM, they are attempting to reprofile the event for more
universal appeal.

The Triumphs have had some great successes at Mid-Ohio, Mosport, ViR, and I
expect the same at the Walter Mitty. (I am not forgetting Button Willow in the
West)

My budget is good for one Festival Event a year, especially if Triumph is
featured and focused. Looks like the Walter Mitty is it for me and many others.

If we continue with these successes, I suspect Road America & BRIC will be
approaching us in 2006 or 2007.

Let's do it!!!

Joe (A)