fot

RE: SCCA cages

To: "'William G Rosenbach'" <wgrosenbach@juno.com>, fpspitfire@insightbb.com
Subject: RE: SCCA cages
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 09:57:40 -0700
Here in Oregon the SCCA vintage grid is everything that shows up--one grid.
I enjoy it, but I think it's a bit terrifying occasionally. The GT-1 cars
are hard to get around just because they look so big when you're in a low
car like Peyote. I always try to pass them early in the entrance to the
fiddly stuff, or they'll come whistling by just at the end of the straight.
Late in the race it's a decent tactic to let them do that, because they're
always out of brakes and they usually straighten out the corner and get
seriously agricultural.

Of course if one of them ever hits me they'll turn Peyote back into a
collection of beer cans and old road signs.