fot

Re: SCCA cages

To: fot@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: SCCA cages
From: Jerry Barr <jerrybarr@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 12:42:52 -0500
Having raced with the Midwestern Council Vintage group I am going to
have a new rollcage made up for my car. I have almost been punted off
by a Ford Mustang and a seriously fast Corvette, It doesn't help that
I'm quite slow and they throw all the Vintage cars of all classes on
the track at the same time. Maybe when I get faster and I can keep up
with Jack, Joe, and Tony I will feel safer but until then it just makes
since to me to try to make my car as safe as I can. Last Sunday I was
working in Timing and Scoring at Blackhawk Farms Raceway when we had a
multiple car  wreck on the front straight at the start of the race. One
GT1 car went on it's roof, a Cobra hit a tree when it went over the
tire barrier and 3 other cars received various  damage. I saw how a
good rollcage works during that wreck. Other than a broken windshield
the car looked undamaged and the driver walked away with out injury. It
made a believer out of me.

Jerry Barr