fot

Re: Remembrance Day.

To: <fot@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Remembrance Day.
From: "mordy dunst/ gasket works" <gasket.works@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 20:54:30 -0800
1969, and 1970 when the US draft was comming to a close my draft #'s were in
the 300's for both years and did not get drafted.  However.....

I was in Israel in May/ June1982 and got drafted by the IDF for about 4hrs.
I Just finished med school and took an opportunity to visit cousins in
Israel.  It was that month that Israel had a massive mobilization for
activities in Lebanon.   I had my US passport but because I have dual
citizenship the security forces nabbed me and held me until I could come up
with deferment documents.    It was pretty close.  My cousin was a tank
commander at the time.

I had all sorts of thoughts in that room they had me in.

The most memorable moment was when I woke up that morning... My cousin was
gone, no one in the streets,  No milk at the stores, the beach in Tel Aviv
was nearly empty.  To the distance you could hear deep bass air moving
rumble and above wave after wave of aircraft going north.  All the roads
were blocked with flat bed trailers carying tanks - I had no Idea they had
so much equipment.

Mordy