fot

RE: FoT Invitation to SVRA's Mid-Ohio-June 2006

To: "'spitfiresuz@141.com'" <spitfiresuz@141.com>, henry@henryfrye.com,
Subject: RE: FoT Invitation to SVRA's Mid-Ohio-June 2006
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 12:45:38 -0700
Tulsa is a city?

Snide remarks aside, from my conversations in the pits it seems there are a
lot of people pining over some of the west's great tracks. Perhaps the
solution is to create a swing that could include several racing
opportunities for a long tow. Certainly getting your car onto Laguna Seca
and experiencing the Andretti Hairpin, the corkscrew, and turn 9 firsthand
is a must do. San Francisco SCCA has a fall Vintage event that has track
time beaucoup. So does CSRG. Then there's the carousel, the evil turn 10,
the tricky S turns and the nerve-wracking wall corner at the end of the
straight at Sears (Infinion). IMHO the great western tracks include those
two, plus Pacific Raceways in Kent, NOT Portland International (fun but
flat) and Thunderhill. Thunderhill in particular will make you crazy. It's
the most under-promoted track around because it's owned by the SF SCCA and
it's strictly club racing.

With a little work I bet we could come up with a multi-track, true western
event that included at least one of those tracks PLUS Hallet.

Bill Babcock
Babcock & Jenkins