fot

RE: 225hp

To: "Terry and Cindy" <roadandtrack@hypermax.net.au>,
Subject: RE: 225hp
From: "barry rosenberg" <britcars@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 07:56:48 -0400
      I understand the new Hot Rod magazine issue has an article on longer
verses shorter rods. They built an engine and swapped rods and pistons only.
They found no power difference. I have not read it yet, but I must assume
they had the rod/piston combinations weigh the same. I use longer rods in my
TR4 motor so that I could reduce the piston size, weight, and friction. This
should provide more rear wheel horsepower. So far it seems worth it. Who
else is doing this to get rid of that huge TR4 piston?  Barry