fot

RE: 225hp

To: "'barry rosenberg'" <britcars@bellsouth.net>, <triumph_marx@freenet.de>,
Subject: RE: 225hp
From: "Richard Taylor" <tarch@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 06:45:19 -0400
Okay. Help a neophyte. The way I see it, whatever goes on in the combustion
chamber is completely ignorant of the length of the connecting rod, whether
the rod is 4" long or ten feet long (assuming the same crankshaft throw.)
The only difference I can see is that the longer the connecting rod the less
the angle of "push" it has in transferring the vertical thrust of the piston
to the rotational movement of the crankshaft. Where have I gone astray?
Richard