fot

RE: 225hp

To: <triumph_marx@freenet.de>, "fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 225hp
From: "barry rosenberg" <britcars@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 18:17:20 -0400
     It is my understanding that going over 1.8 to 1 ratio would increase
the rpm that maximum torque comes in and going below that reduces the rpm
that torque comes in. This was from Hot Rod web site. Also look at April
2005 Circle Track, two 2.5L Ford engine builders Racer Walsh and Esslinger
both have articles discussing the increase in torque from the longer rod
theory. Racer Walsh claims to have increases of 9-13 hp and 18-21 lb-ft of
torque. I read all this after ordering my rods and pistons but it gave me
comfort knowing I wasn't wasting time and money, I hope.   Barry