fot

RE: 225hp

To: "'Bill Babcock'" <BillB@bnj.com>,
Subject: RE: 225hp
From: "Richard Taylor" <tarch@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 06:34:52 -0400
Babcock wrote:
In a word, no. At ninety degrees the piston is not necessarily halfway
through the stroke.

Bill,
I hate to say it (especially in a public forum) but for once your right! The
connecting rod, long or short, is the hypotenuse and the vertical distance
from the crank shaft centerline and the wrist pin is the perpendicular, just
as you said. Hence, at the 90 degree position of the crank-throw the piston
will be a little bit more than half way down the bore in its journey south.
Of course now that I can visualize the asymmetry of all this, I can do
absolutely nothing with it.
But, again, thanks for your patience.
Richard