fot

Re: lessons

To: <Gt6steve@aol.com>, <spitlist@cox.net>, <gasket.works@gte.net>,
Subject: Re: lessons
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 16:44:19 -0500
we can't fault looters raiding
> grocery stores for grub.  Bottom line,  Nobody's to blame.  We're all
> guilty.

No we can't, and even New Orleans' mayor has said as much.

But we can fault looters for stealing electronics gear (that doesn't even
work without electricity), stealing guns so they can take potshots at
rescuers and combat police, etc., stealing just to be stealing.

Did anyone else see the TV movie "Oil Storm"? Ran June 5 on FX. Eerie now
that it predated by 12 weeks almost exactly what is beginning to happen.
Done in documentary form kind of like a CNN look-back, the premise was a
hurricane wipes out oil production along the Louisiana coast (which has
happened), gas prices skyrocket (which has happened), the government
releases oil from the reserves (which has happened), consumer prices on
other necessities beginning to rise (which is happening), then goes on to
show the US economy going into the toilet within a year. Provocative then,
scary now.

--Rocky