fot

RE: Yoko AO48's

To: "Don Marshall" <marshall@nefcom.net>,
Subject: RE: Yoko AO48's
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl@gt-classics.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 19:33:12 -0400
At 11:13 AM 9/23/2005 -0400, Don Marshall wrote:
>Henry, I don't know what the problem with the 048s is as it relates to
>the spec racers, but look at these comments.

If that's the tire that the Spec Racer Fords have been using this year,
the word I've heard is that they're very good for one session, but go
off very quickly.  It got so bad that the SCCA was marking tires and
making the SRF's race on the same set of tires that they had qualified
on.  People were using more than one set of tires in a weekend!  At
the last MARRS race at Summit Point, one of the CSR's was testing
another tire for them, and seemed to think that it had as much grip
as the Yoko's but didn't go off as quickly.  Unfortunately, I have no
idea what that other tire was.

R. John Lye

rjl6n@cstone.net