fot

Re: Car Classification -.... and RULES

To: Susan Kahler <spitfiresuz@141.com>,
Subject: Re: Car Classification -.... and RULES
From: Dennis DeLap <yellow-green@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 20:00:34 -0800 (PST)
Everytime I rip into my TR3 to fix it - I always feel a connection back to the
factory guys that built the car in the first place. Every nut and bolt, weld,
stanpart, piece of sheet metal, bearing, wire,etc, has a primal essence about
it. A connection to the past is what makes these cars vintage. Many of us have
taken these cars apart, and now have a real understanding of the evolution that
Triumph has gone through over the course of its existance. Part sharing from
one model to the next to the next to the next is just part of most automotive
development. When we cut the rear axle housing end off and weld on a ford hub
and call it the Southwick conversion, or weld up the frame, or upgrade the
front springs, or build the bullet proof engine - we are just evolving the
Triumph. Those old factory guys would dig what we have done with their cars.  A
Triumph is a Triumph.

  We should all race together
  Dennis DeLap TR3#17