fot

Re: Hallett Shootout - Car Classification - Clarification

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hallett Shootout - Car Classification - Clarification
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 13:31:50 -0600
Okay -- more questions because all this classification stuff and other
blather has me frankly confused. Can I come? Hallett is so handy to me --
I've raced there many times -- it seems a must-do event and it would be fun
to put some faces to names.

I have a 1964 Triumph Spitfire that races in SCCA G Production (and
autocrosses in what will be the new G Prepared class, formerly D Prep). It's
a regionally-competitive car and up to current SCCA safety specs. What group
would it run in this shootout? Is it even legal for the shootout?

Do I have to join something to be eligible to drive in this thing?

What safety standards do I have to meet? Do I need a current competition
license? If so, from whom? Is a Snell 1995 helmet sufficient?

Is the event going to have a high hassle factor?

Why do I want to come? There's also an SCCA Regional Race at Heartland Park
and a Solo National Tour in Little Rock the same weekend.

--Rocky Entriken