fot

Re: Swapping out Strombergs for SUs

To: <N197TR4@cs.com>, <KLynch7589@aol.com>, <hottr6@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Swapping out Strombergs for SUs
From: "Charly Mitchel" <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 07:37:05 -0800
If you have the early TR4 Z-S carbs and look at them they sit real tall in the
area between the throat and the top of the suction chamber.  They also have a
funny choke on them, a flap that rises up in front of the bridge and raises
the piston a little and also blocks the airflow at the same time.  If held
next to a TR6 Z-S, the look about 25% larger, even though they are 1 3/4".  I
believe they we used on the very early TR4's and were switched to SU's later.
The floats can be hard if not impossible to find.
Charly
TR6 #44