fot

Re: [FOT] broken head stud

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] broken head stud
From: VANDECARR@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 07:03:44 EST
My brother taught me a trick for removing broken bolt or studs.   If it is
sticking out just a little bit, slip a washer over it and then center a nut on
top.   Then take the MIG welder and carefully weld the nut to the stud.   By
welding the nut gets the stud real hot and when it cools the bond usually
breaks.   Juice it up with lots of penetrating fluid and it comes right out.
have used this to remove many broken studs and bolts and it you are careful is
should work on your block.   If it doesn't you're back to step 1 and will have
to go the drilling route.

Dean VanDeCarr