fot

Re: [Fot] current racing video games

To: FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] current racing video games
From: DennisR380@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 13:34:28 EST
I'm gonna have to throw in my vote for Gran Turismo 4 on PlayStation 2,
coupled with Logitech's Driving Force Pro steering wheel with it's powerful
force
feedback motors, integrated sequential shifter and floor pedal assembly (gas
and brake). Grab a 32" wide aspect TV, find a computer desk that you can secure
to the floor somehow, bolt down the steering wheel assembly and pedal board to
the desk and hold on! Sounds like a lot of work, but this sim and steering
combo has in my opinion the best physics and artificial intelligence bar none.
So real it's disturbing and you better make sure you have an up to date
physical before you get too far into it :). I know Laguna Seca like the back of
my
hand and the GT4 sim is so real that I occasionally burst out laughing at the
end of a race...once I've calmed down. Granted the tracks and cars available
are
not as vast as GTR2, the absolute usefulness for honing driving skills in GT4
far and away makes up for it.

Anyone want more info or details on my setup, contact me off list at
dennisr380@aol.com

DR