fot

Re: [Fot] current racing video games

To: tlizzard@msn.com, FOT@autox.team.net, Gt6steve@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] current racing video games
From: <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 14:09:15 +0000
>The game that I mentioned is GTR2 for the PC.  In my opinion the best
>current
>racing simulation.  It's premise is the FIA GT Championship.  So this means
>no
>old cars.

I've been meaning to respond to this for... Holy cow! that long!?!

The is another sim that has older cars... It's "GT Legends"  (see link)

http://www.gt-legends.com/home_en.php

It's got all that you might be looking for... except Triumphs (!@*#^^%?!!)
`theough I think there's someonw working on an "add-on" car... a TR4.

They give you a Mini Cooper and Lotus Cortina for starters. From there you
can win and purchase <90 other cars from Abarth 1000s to Ford GT40s. You
also start of with just a few tracks... Mondello in Ireland, Donnington in
the UK and Anderstorp in Sweden. As you progress more tracks open up.  The
road courses that come with the game are Eurocentric (Monza, Spa,
Nurburgring, etc.). You can also download other tracks that people have
adaped from other games. For instance, I spent the better part of last night
(no Super Bowl fan) at Road America in an Alfa GTA getting my butt handed to
me. I've also downloaded Laguan Seca and Goodwood.

There is a sim racing game forum you can join that can help with tricks and
other things like new "skins" for existing cars among other things.

http://www.nogripracing.com/

Have fun!

Greg

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois