fot

[Fot] TR3A Mag Wheels

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] TR3A Mag Wheels
From: Wes Dayton <wes@hsrca.org.au>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 06:44:19 +1000

--===============0933234082==

--B_3302577862_9456936

In Australia, we are currently restricted to 5-inch steel wheels (or
optionally wires) primarily because that is what was available during the
period. Thumbing through some Triumph history books I came across a photo o=
Lee Midgley racing in California using mag wheels. The caption says =B3The
magnesium wheels were a factory racing option which appeared on every racin=
car until the introduction of the TR7=B2. Assuming there is some truth to the
caption, does anyone recall anything about these wheels? In particular woul=
be interested in knowing what widths they were available in at the time.

Wes Dayton

--B_3302577862_9456936

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>TR3A Mag Wheels</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Lucida Grande, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-siz=
e:12.0px'>In Australia, we are currently restricted to 5-inch steel wheels (=
or optionally wires) primarily because that is what was available during the=
 period. Thumbing through some Triumph history books I came across a photo o=
f Lee Midgley racing in California using mag wheels. The caption says &#8220=
;The magnesium wheels were a factory racing option which appeared on every r=
acing car until the introduction of the TR7&#8221;. Assuming there is some t=
ruth to the caption, does anyone recall anything about these wheels? In part=
icular would be interested in knowing what widths they were available in at =
the time.<BR>
<BR>
Wes Dayton </SPAN></FONT>
</BODY>