fot

Re: [Fot] Nuerburgring Nordschleife 400 km race

To: MadMarx <tr4racing@googlemail.com>, 'Robert Lang' <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Nuerburgring Nordschleife 400 km race
From: Don Elliott <58tr3a@videotron.ca>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 09:14:44 -0400
The story goes that Ken Richardson or a member of his Triumph Works TR2 team
back in 1953 or '54 pulled out the floor plug for the jack before the race
and set up a funnel and a long hose so he could "use the facilities".
During the race, he tried it (for the first time) and once the funnel was
full, the aerodynamic force blew it all back up into his face.  Back then,
they didn't wear full racing helmets, but goggles.