fot

[Fot] Tow vehicle help

To: "'Friends of Triumph'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Tow vehicle help
From: "Jack Brooks" <jibjib@att.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 10:12:31 -0700
I know many of you have been scooping up bargain priced tow rigs lately.
Unfortunately, since I am not in the market, I have not been paying
attention to the posts.  A good friend is looking for a new vehicle, so I
figured I'd poll the FOT and see what you have been finding out there, what
works well and what does not, and hopefully, what kind of deals have been
cut.  He is looking for the following:

Towing up to 10,000 pounds
Diesel required
extended or crew cab
four wheel drive, for negotiating site conditions and our mountain passes in
the winter
3/4 ton

Your experience with the vehicles you have purchased or driven lately would
be greatly appreciated.  Also, if you have found that dealers will cut $10k
or more off sticker prices, those specifics, while they will vary by dealer
and regions, would be appreciated also.

Thanks in advance,

Jack
Seattle