fot

Re: [Fot] Tow vehicle help

To: "Jack Brooks" <jibjib@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Tow vehicle help
From: Bill Babcock <Billb@bnj.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 10:43:54 -0700
F350. I know there are lots of differing opinions. I'm from a GMC
family, it's treason for me to buy a Ford. But I got recommendations
from several of the most experienced truck experts around, including
the transport guys at Rousch Engineering, and they all said F350.
After a year of driving mine, including the All Aluminum Tour I'd say
F350. I just came back from San Diego in it, wasn't hauling a trailer,
but I got over 16 mpg. When I haul a trailer I get 14.

On Oct 18, 2008, at 10:12 AM, Jack Brooks wrote:

> I know many of you have been scooping up bargain priced tow rigs
> lately.
> Unfortunately, since I am not in the market, I have not been paying
> attention to the posts.  A good friend is looking for a new vehicle,
> so I
> figured I'd poll the FOT and see what you have been finding out
> there, what
> works well and what does not, and hopefully, what kind of deals have
> been
> cut.  He is looking for the following:
>
> Towing up to 10,000 pounds
> Diesel required
> extended or crew cab
> four wheel drive, for negotiating site conditions and our mountain
> passes in
> the winter
> 3/4 ton
>
> Your experience with the vehicles you have purchased or driven
> lately would
> be greatly appreciated.  Also, if you have found that dealers will
> cut $10k
> or more off sticker prices, those specifics, while they will vary by
> dealer
> and regions, would be appreciated also.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Jack