fot

Re: [Fot] State of F1

To: "Bill Babcock" <Billb@bnj.com>, "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] State of F1
From: "Kas Kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 12:34:16 -0700
Wind tunnels have an amazing cost.  Some teams have two full size running 24
hours a day.  Why?  Wings and other little flipitts that reduce drag or
create downforce.  This then is causing the worst situation which is the
passing from close quarters.  Easy fix.  Eliminate ALL wings. Wind tunnel
time would be reduced 80% and passing and we'd have sliding cars to
amusement of the fans.  Brakes would be pressed to keep up with the top
speed as the cars would be vastly faster down the chutes.

The cars would also much cheaper to produce and the spares would not be
necessary for $25,000 plus nose cones. But then of course you would not have
the sign boards to display the sponsors name etc. But if they go away
anyway, why not take the silly stubs and leafs and wings with them. Reduce
the allowed telemetry and you save more engineer time and work force along
with countless cost hours manufacturing all this junk. I've got more, but I
see my soap box is splitting, so I will too.