fot

Re: [Fot] SVRA to require head and neck restraints

To: BillDentin@aol.com, sgroh1@comcast.net, henry@henryfrye.com,
Subject: Re: [Fot] SVRA to require head and neck restraints
From: dale oesterle <dale.oesterle@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 08:04:41 -0800 (PST)
Jack: This is a very positive rule change. At Beaver Run last year in my
spitfire, I was accelerating out of the hairpin up the hill at eleven onto
the front stretch and was t-boned by a ginetta going backwards that had spun
once in the braking zone at the end of the backstretch and cut across the wet
grass backwards. He bent my frame (which runs down the center), ruined my tub,
crushing, among other things the firewall bulkhead, and pushed my Nascar side
bars (dual bars with three vertical supports) on the passenger side in 12
inches or more. I recieved a concussion and rib buises and the chin bar on my
helmet was cracked where it hit my HANS device (going forward).  I had
installed a head and shoulder unit cup support system on my Kirkey seat, which
also had rib and thigh supports.  I was set up to pass inside another Ginetta
and had just outbraked a Kurtis both of whom had no side protection at all.
Drivers should buttress the HANS system
 with head and shoulder cups attached to their seats. Oesterle