fot

Re: [Fot] SVRA to require head and neck restraints

To: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>, <billdentin@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] SVRA to require head and neck restraints
From: <dos_gusanos@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 07:09:45 -0700
I don't currently wear a neck restraint in my racecar.  I'll buy new tires
before the neck restraint.  I don't wear a helmet when I drive to work, do
you?  Probably should since most of my big wrecks have been on the street.  If
all the safety stuff Fuel cells, health exams, fire systems, etc. had been
required when I started vintage racing, I wouldn't have.  When I started,
leather work gloves were all that was required, that's what I wore.  Adding
neck restraints puts up one more barrier to entry to someone starting out.

Henry Morrison, from the wild wild west, where I still see dual purpose cars
racing without fuel cells or rollbars...........