fot

Re: [Fot] Street Legal

To: dos_gusanos@msn.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Street Legal
From: Michael Porter <mdporter@dfn.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 22:13:14 -0700
dos_gusanos@msn.com wrote:
> Yes, I remember seeing him in his yellow P-51 in Idaho

No longer.  His license was revoked because of health reasons.  He
appealed, and eventually got it back, but, by that time, the damage had
been done--couldn't get insurance--he is, after all, now 86.  The Shrike
Aero Commander he flew in air shows is now at the Smithsonian Air and
Space Museum:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Hoover

Last time I saw him fly was 1993.

Cheers.

--

Michael Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance....