fot

Re: [Fot] J Type OD lubricant

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] J Type OD lubricant
From: "Joe Guinan" <joeg@neb.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 11:47:06 -0600
Bob - Quantum does not recommend 10W30, but straight 30 weight,
non-detergent motor oil - I just looked it up.  Check here -
http://www.quantumechanics.com/categories.php?op=newindex&catid=11  (Found
under "Topic Of The Month" if the link doesn't work) I'd say their test with
90wt Hypoid would eliminate that as a logical choice.

I know Joe Curry has recommended RedLine manual transmission lubricant - as
others mentioned.  I'm getting ready to put a different OD in my street
Spit.  I was able to find 30 weight non-detergent at several FLAPS. While
I'm hoping to find we reach a broad consensus that one choice is better than
the others, I won't hold my breath.  Fluifs (that's a Joe Curryism) seem to
be one of those areas where different reasonable and knowledgeable people
can have varied opinions.  I appreciate the fact that Quantum actually
TESTED the different commonly used lubricants, but they didn't seem to
include the Redline product in that test program.

Joe Guinan
Fremont, NE

Message: 6