fot

Re: [Fot] What did you do?

To: FOT@autox.team.net, alfetta95@optonline.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] What did you do?
From: Steven Benford Jr <sbracing@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 04:47:46 -0800 (PST)
My 17 year old son has been around racing all his life and is fully aware of
what to do and what not to do.  The hard part for his is just getting seat
time driving around the local area, highway trips, etc.  The wife and I try to
let him drive when ever he needs to go somewhere or will be in the car with
us.

Just remember that they learn from example.  I got on Andrew's case on day for
driving a bit to aggressively to which he replied "you drive like this!".  And
after a bit of thought and really watching what he was doing, I had to agree.
He was straight line late braking and picking up the apexes.  So what could I
say but "be careful and aware of what is around you".  I still feel a bit
nervous with him, but I think that is the Father in me knowing what can happen
with the other goofys on the road.  I am sure that strapped in next to him on
a track I would be talking him through it all and we both would be having the
time of our lives.

Thumbs up
Steve