fot

Re: [Fot] FOT on FACEBOOK ???

To: gasket.works@gte.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] FOT on FACEBOOK ???
From: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 22:12:37 -0700
Just like duct tape and "the force". All of the new ways we communicate have a
dark side. So did the old ones. I have a hard time understanding people not
wanting to participate in new technologies, it seems like an early withdrawal
from new experiences.  I'm not dead yet. I've been playing with all these toys
since they started. If facebook were a country it would be the fourth largest
in the world. A very high end recruiter I know told me that every senior level
position he or his company placed in the last two years involved contacts made
through LinkedIn. The easiest way to coordinate any event--from meeting for
lunch to rioting--is twitter.  Grayson Chance's youtube video of his sixth
grade talent festival has 22 million views. A recording company signed him to
head him off from promoting his music by himself. He's certainly worth a few
million this evening. In the sixth grade.

New world folks. Honestly, fretting about Facebook is pretty 2008.

On May 27, 2010, at 8:45 PM, gasket.works@gte.net wrote:

> My opinion is that facebook although perhaps well intentioned has a darker
side that is not entirely clear to me.   This  networked and interconnected
program is something I have joined very reluctantly but, in a limited way.
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive