fot

[Fot] Type A OD pressure test

Subject: [Fot] Type A OD pressure test
From: gblake58tr3 at icloud.com (Greg Blake)
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2018 19:59:49 -0600
All knowing FOT

Attached is a video of my Type A OD unit ready to bolt up to the transmission.
I decided to do a pressure test with 120psi of compressed air plumbed into the
operating vale port.

The engagement seems to work well when I move the operating lever. But I am
concerned about the amount of air that can be heard leaking. I believe it is
going past the relief valve. Is this abnormal amount of leaking?

I noticed upon tear down that the nonreturn valve had a 1/4" ball instead of
the 5/16" this unit should have had. The test you see in the video is with a
new 5/16" ball. I am sure on a previous rebuild someone mistakenly used the
later style 1/4".