60 BN7 Gearbox tunnel removal

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: 60 BN7 Gearbox tunnel removal
From: "Scott Willis" <ahpowered@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 08:52:33 -0500
I'm looking for help in procedure...

It's the little things that make me feel stupid. I wish there was a book
that showed removal and installation processes in stead of "remove tunnel"
etc.

This 26k mile car (supposedly) looks like it has original carpet. It is
tearing as I pull back to lube rusty screws for the tunnel. It appear to
only have 3 srews on the floor and 3 on the firewall end.

The ash tray will not pull out easily. Should I just keep pulling? Or is
there a fastener of sorts? I suppose I need to peel the carpet off with the
arm rest to expose the tunnel. Then after I get all the screws off I should
be able to lift the tunnel out. Eazy right?

My clutch will not disengage. I drove it around the block a couple times and
it stopped working a couple times. Now it will not work at all. I have bled
the system several times. My linkage looks perfect. No visible wear. I am
getting lots of movement in the slave push rod when pushing the pedal. I
even put a slave push rod on that was 1/2 inch longer. This was one from my
MGA someone welded. No help.

Now I suppose I have to pull the clutch and see what is going on in there.
Bummer....

Cheers,
Scott
Mashed BN7