Re: Front wheel bearings

To: fortee9er@yahoo.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Front wheel bearings
From: SJNNOCK@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 23:29:07 EDT
Jorge Garcia ... Healey's from BN2 to BJ8 need the front wheel tapered roller
wheel bearings  adjusted with shims as per my Tech Talk book page 57  and 62
...The bearings on the BN1 are called " angular contact bearings " as covered
in my Tech Talk book on page 128 , no shims required , but use caution when
replacing them ... The spacer is needed to hold the inner part of the outer
bearing rigidly against the inner end of the swivel axle needed while fast
cornering  ... YOU MAKE a mistake adjusting these and you WILL weld the
bearings to
the axle , we have seen in our shop ...Norman Nock

Tech Talk for 2004 now has 231 pages an increase of 10 page . The new
subjects are:---
    * Starter bendix  * Spark advance & retarding principals  * Generator
drive end       bracket  * Distributor advance mechanicals  * Oil pressure
gauge
* Bourbon tube  * Expansion ( core ) plugs  * S.U carburetter flooding  *
Flasher/ horn wire connections  * Throttle switch adjusting  * New choke cable
separation  ...$30.00 + 7.50 SH
lf you have my Tech Talk book and would like to bring it up todate , we have
supplements available at .60 cents per double sided page + $ 2.00 U.S shipping
            Please contact me more information at SJNNock@aol.com