Re: Re timing marks

To: Scot paulson <SPAULSON1@compuserve.com>,
Subject: Re: Re timing marks
From: Blue One Hundred <international_investor@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 18:54:14 -0700 (PDT)
Scot -

The HD8's choke mechanism works best when everything
is adjusted off, but will engage as soon as you start
pulling the lever.

How you do this is you first put the carb's choke
lever all the way down and then tighten the trunion
holding the choke cable (the cable should be snug, but
not too taught).  Then you adjust the fast idle screw
until it is just backed off from engaging the throttle
shaft.

Assumining the slow idle speed screw (i.e. slow
running valve) and mixture adjustment are already
tuned correctly... this set up will first engage the
fast idle when the choke lever is pulled, then adjust
the mixture richness after as the choke lever is
further pulled out.

HD8s don't work well if the choke richens the mixture
first before engaging the fast idle (I know, I've
tried this before many times... it doesn't work).

I hope this helps, the adjustment is very
straightforward.

Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8