Re: Re timing marks

To: "Scot paulson" <SPAULSON1@compuserve.com>,
Subject: Re: Re timing marks
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 19:13:26 -0500
I think the statement that a Healey should need a little choke to start or
at least start easily from cold is correct.  I also agree that if it is
running well and the plugs don't look black and sooty and it starts without
choke (on warm days, if it doesn't need choke from cold below 45 degrees F
or so ambient temp you may be over the "a little rich" category) and runs
fine and gets good gas mileage you are probably better to leave well enough
alone.

My understanding slightly too rich is easier on a motor than too lean.  I
think you also get a slightly deeper, richer, more rumbly healey sound with
a richer mixture :)

Greg Lemon
54 BN1