Re: Hot Problem

Subject: Re: Hot Problem
From: "Len and/or Marge" <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 09:06:22 -0700
A reminder from past discussions:  The Robert Shaw thermostat is NOT the
proper sleeved thermostat.  The diameter of the sleeve is too small.  It
will not cover the hole in the head when open.  The sleeve is 1 9/16 inches
in diameter and the opening in the engine is 1 15/16 inches leaving a gap
of 3/16 inch between sleeve and block (that's 3/16 all around in case you
are questioning my math).  Whether open or closed, the sleeve on the Robert
Shaw never 'opens' or 'closes the small hole in the head.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA
1967 3000 MKIII HBJ8L39031