Brake Problem

To: list <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake Problem
From: Scot paulson <SPAULSON1@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 18:23:46 -0400
Changed brake fluid in my BJ8 about a month ago with another LBC owner and
things went like clockwork.

I have driven the car several times since with no problems

Today, while on a short drive I find the pedal very spongy almost going to
the floor to stop the car. Emergency brake handle has to come up farther
also to be effective. Opened the brake fluid reservoir and it was almost
empty on the brake side. No leaks detected yet on garage floor or on the
wheels. Checked bleed screws and all are tight. I filled the reservoir and
fluid is now holding the full level but am hearing a whooshing noise coming
from the brake booster when brakes are applied and pedal still goes to the
floor.

Obviously I have air in the system but where did all that fluid go?
Is something loose on the booster itself allowing air to escape or is it
just time for a new one? I can't tell exactly where the air leak is.
 Did fluid leak into the air side of the booster?
Any suggestions?

Scot
'66 BJ8