RE: Update to Healey 100 Restoration Site - DMD engine

To: "Kent McLean" <kentmclean@mindspring.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Update to Healey 100 Restoration Site - DMD engine
From: "Quinn, Patrick" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 11:01:57 +1000
G'day Kent

Why anyone would want to turn a well running BN2 into a cantankerous BN3
is quite beyond me.

Not only would you have to modify the front cross chassis rail and X
brace but then you you would have to find a Healey saloon radiator and
then alter the engine mounts, cut away this and cut away that and then
get stuck into the firewall with a large hammer to make the bloody
engine fit. Then it comes to making the gearbox fit and shortening the
tailshaft plus finding a set of solid steel wheels.

If that's not all you would then have to find a crafty panel shop that
would add the two extra seats in such a way that it looks like it was
done by a couple of drunken mates on a Saturday arvo.

Believe me it's been tried before and going on what a few of my friends
say, that the DHMC must have stood back and looked at what they did and
never made another one.

Regards

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia