Re: Rear Springs

To: "Larry Swift" <mgtd51@adelphia.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear Springs
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 11:50:21 -0400
Yes Larry this is right. The weight of the car and contents will soon give
the gap needed as long as the springs are of a reasonably normal
specification (i.e. not too much arch). I recall more than once having to
load the rear seat area with a couple of volunteers to get enough weight to
start the U bolts with a jack pad under the spring. I thought the result
would never allow any movement off the frame pads, but it soon did.
Rich Chrysler