Re: Healey Audio

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Healey Audio
From: John Miller <healeys@n4vu.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 15:56:20 -0400
On Wed July 21 2004 2:29 pm, davidwjones wrote:
> All this talk about "best driving tunes" and antennas got me to
> thinking.......(Danger!  Danger!)

:-)

<snip>
> Any errors in logic? Judgment? Any dire warnings? Anyone ever done
> this?.....

It sounds like a great "gee-whiz" project, from which you would derive a good
deal of satisfaction both in the doing and the using, but -- purely opinion
here -- I  think that putting a quality music system in a Healey does a
disservice both to the appreciation of the music and to the Healey driving
experience.  That is, no matter how good the audio quality, it will still
compromised by the ambient noise and limited bandwidth of the listening
environment.  And the music of the exhaust has to compete with the audio
system.

That having been said, if wiring direct to both terminals of the battery, be
sure to fuse both negative and positive leads.  There is a good reason for
fusing the ground side when wiring direct, which I have unfortunately
forgotten for the moment.  But it's related to possible return paths and the
tremendous current an auto battery is capable of delivering.
--
John Miller

Furious activity is no substitute for understanding.
                -H.H. Williams