Re: Healey Audio

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Healey Audio
From: John Miller <healeys@n4vu.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 12:58:53 -0400
On Thu July 22 2004 12:36 pm, Lyle Matson wrote:
> At first glance a device that reverses polarity seems like an option.
> Maybe not.  Is that not an option for this opposite ground radio
> installation.

It is, but one of David Jones' objectives is to do the installation without
one.

I had a Motorola AM-FM radio in my BJ8 back in '65, powered by a polarity
inverter.  Every time the brake lights came on, there was a momentary loss of
power to the radio.  Probably a wrong spec. unit or faulty installation.
That was before I got into electronics, so I didn't try to diagnose it.
Always wondered what could cause such a bizarre symptom, though (and still
do).

--
John Miller, N4VU

"Security is mostly a superstition.  It does not exist in nature... Life is
either a daring adventure or nothing."