Re: Healey Audio

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Healey Audio
From: John Miller <healeys@n4vu.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 07:22:08 -0400
On Wed July 21 2004 9:38 pm, davidwjones wrote:
> I have previously considered the ambient noise and how much I enjoy the
> hiss of the triple carbs and  the "burble" and snort of the exhaust note...
>  I even waxed poetic about it in an article in Chatter a few years ago...
> But the project would cost me nothing, and most tuner/CD players do have an
> "off" button....   And I was putting it in that backrest so that I could
> remove the system and be "pure" again when I want....       :-) So I don't
> know, seemed like a harmless experiment (unless I burned something up)....
>  Yes? No?

I think it'd be a fun one.  Technically, it's real do-able, but as others have
pointed out, it's unforgiving (that is, those electrons will do exactly as
instructed, as opposed to what we wish they would do).

As long as you're methodical, plan ahead and test at every step, no reason at
all it can't be made to work.  But before you go to all that work (even
though you think your time is free, it has value), you might want to think
about how a polarity conversion of the car might factor into the total time
required, and your long-term satisfaction...just as a suggestion.

Looking forward to a complete report :-),
--
John Miller, N4VU

Love means nothing to a tennis player.