Re: Oil Pumps for 29E engine---Questions

To: tomfelts@earthlink.net,
Subject: Re: Oil Pumps for 29E engine---Questions
From: Blue One Hundred <international_investor@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 05:05:45 -0700 (PDT)
Tom -

If you use a thin oil like 10W-40, it will leak back
into the pan much quicker and all surfaces will retain
less oil after you shut down the engine, slowing the
ability to bring pressure back up again when you start
the car.  Your oil filter will drain out faster & more
completely as well.

Your car seems to be running pretty good pressure once
running, so it doesn't seem that there should be any
blockage anywhere.

It may simply be that your oil sensor line (to the oil
guage) is partially clogged and is giving you the
errant reading.  Maybe try removing the line and
cleaning it out with some compressed air.

I don't know what else to suggest off hand.

Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8

Check out the new British Cars Forum: