Re: RE: Oil Pumps for 29E engine---Questions

To: "Brashear, Jack, N" <JNBrashear@garverengineers.com>,
Subject: Re: RE: Oil Pumps for 29E engine---Questions
From: <pennell@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 23:08:37 -0400
Jack,

Why not add a 1/2 inch spacer between the block and filter head to move the
assembly out.  This allows use of a larger filter.  I got a rt angle spin on
filter piece many years ago and did that.  My filter is 5 or so inches long and
hangs like you describe.

Keith Pennell

> Using the stock threaded holes and bolts, I turned the
> filter head over (180 deg.) where it points down and a bit forward and I
> used the shorter Sprite filter can and Sprite filter insert.  This was
> needed to clear the engine mount tower as the 29E filter can is too long
> for this position.
> Jack

Check out the new British Cars Forum: