100M header question

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: 100M header question
From: "Allen C Miller, Jr." <acmiller@mhcable.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 22:16:20 -0400
Has anyone used the Moss 100-6 non-vintage heat shield in place of the 100-4
heat shield. We are quite concerned about the amount of heat from the DW
headers, and practically speaking the stock 100-4 heat shield doesn't shield
very much.

When we bought the M, there was an asbestos-backed wider shield that I believe
is one of the 100-6 shields. I am thinking about remounting it, now that we
see how much heat is being generated from the center shared-port header pipe.

I would appreciate input from all of you who have installed DW headers on a
100 in terms of what shielding is being used to keep the SU carb float
chambers from getting overheated.

Allen Miller BN2M

Check out the new British Cars Forum: