Re: 100M header question

To: Esko & Megan Cate <enmcate@comcast.net>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 100M header question
From: bn1@pacbell.net
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 14:02:14 -0700
Esko & Megan Cate wrote:

> Another option: my BJ7 has the headers (stock) wrapped with Thermo Tec
> Insulating Header Wrap", not concours but then not much on that car is.
>
> Esko
> BJ7

WARNING!

Most header wraps specify DO NOT USE on cast iron manifolds.

Also, from personal experience, do not use it on headers in a vehicle that is
used frequently.  I put it on my one-owner '72 240Z which is still my daily
driver.  Within a year it had "fried" every weld in the headers and I sounded
like a traveling commercial for Midas.  It cost me new headers and the time and
trouble to replace same.  I posted that info on the Z List and received several

There is a "built to the hilt" bug eye in my local club that has had no
problems.  However, it is driven very infrequently but at least once a year at
Willow Springs, CA.

FWIW

Bill Barnett
Santa Ana, CA