Re: MORE About Holes in Wings

Subject: Re: MORE About Holes in Wings
From: "Len and/or Marge" <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 15:55:15 -0700
Gary:  I'm a little late responding but I just got around to checking.  My
BJ8, 39031, original parts, has the holes in both fenders and the bottom of
the flash does not touch the fender.  The space is tapered from about 1/16
inch at the front to 3/16 inch at the rear.  I am assuming that this is the
'raised lower edge'.

Since I could not get to the inside of the fender, I took a piece of
insulated electrical wire, about 20 gauge or whatever would fit under the
flash, and bent one end into a 90 degree bend about 1/4 inch long.  Pushing
this up under the flash, I exerted a twisting motion as I moved it along
the length of the flash.  Where there was a hole, the wire turned and I
could feel the 90 degree bend drop into the hole.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA
1967 3000 MKIII HBJ8L39031

> Anyone else got holes under your flashes, and original flashes with a
raised
> lower edge? If so what model and year?
> Cheers
> Gary