Re: Petronix

To: ronhuseman@sbcglobal.net, healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Petronix
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 18:46:59 EDT
In a message dated 10/4/2004 6:35:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ronhuseman@sbcglobal.net writes:
electronic ignition systems vs the original
thing. I have read so much about the difficulties with the classic ignition
system, I'm considering what some of you have done to avoid the problem:
using electronic ignition products.
Ron--

Many of the problems reported as of late involve rotors and their
interference with distributor caps, etc. Be aware that using a Pertronix
conversion will
not eliminate this problem.  I use a Mallory Unilite and have had no problems
save once when a ground wire went open.

Best--Michael Oritt, 100 Le Mans

Check out the new British Cars Forum: