Re: Petronix

To: Ron Huseman <ronhuseman@sbcglobal.net>, healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Petronix
From: Blue One Hundred <international_investor@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 18:06:33 -0700 (PDT)
Ron -

Pertronix is the way to go.  Both my healeys are on it
and they both run smoother and have better fuel
consupmption with the Pertronix system.  The units
they sell now are pretty much bullet proof... and even
if they do go bad can be easily removed & replaced in
the field with points and condensor if it does go bad.

I had a first generation design Pertronix unit on my
BJ8 (from about 10 years ago) and when the unit went
bad, Pertronix replaced it with a next generation
design unit, no questions asked.

Several people on the list swear by points and
condensor... but to be honest I got tired of cleaning
and adjusting them every 1,000 miles or so.  With
pertronix I don't have to ever adjust timing or
carburettors.

Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8

--- Ron Huseman <ronhuseman@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> After searching the Archives and finding little on
> this subject, I'd like
> your opinions. Thanks in advance for you input.
>
> I'm restoring a motor orignally in a BJ8 (29K?) and
> have a question related
> to what I've read here regarding electronic ignition
> systems vs the original
> thing. I have read so much about the difficulties
> with the classic ignition
> system, I'm considering what some of you have done
> to avoid the problem:
> using electronic ignition products.
>       - Your opinion of these systems?
>       - If approve, why, and your favorite product?
>       - If disapprove, why?
>
> This car will not be a show automobile, but I'm
> attempting to keep any
> necessary alterations either minimized or hidden as
> best possible.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Ron Huseman

Check out the new British Cars Forum: